Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tweet, Tweet!!

Session 4:

There may have been other social network websites in the past, but MySpace was one of the very first ones to make it big.  MySpace has since died down and taken over by a variety of other similar social networking-type of websites, such as Facebook, twitter, and blogs.  I admit to jumping on the bandwagon for each one of these, as I had a MySpace account and currently have a Facebook, twitter, and blogging account.  These types of websites have grown immensely in popularity and are used in other ways than just socializing, such as advertising and promotions.  I don’t see the harm in participating in this social networking madness, as long as you use it responsibly.

In addition to subscribing/following my friends as a way of keeping in touch with those I no longer see as often, I have the option of subscribing to celebrities and reality stars that I watch on television.  It gives me an opportunity to look into the flashy life of a celebrity by reading their status updates, tweets, and blog entries, as it’s different from just watching them on television.  These social networking websites enables you to see the world through their eyes, read into their thoughts, and respond to specific entries, and if you’re lucky enough, you’ll get a response.  Of course I don't bother responding to their posts, so I just go about moseying around reading all their posts among millions of other fans. 

I am a huge fan of celebrity gossip and reality television shows.  It may be trashy, low budget shows to some people, but I find them to be quite entertaining and I follow some of these people on the previously mentioned social networking websites.  Yes, I follow each one of the Kardashians on Twitter, don’t judge me.  It’s pretty neat to be able to read about what these stars are up to or what they’re thinking about while I go about with my very normal life.

Have you been tweeting?

No comments:

Post a Comment