Sunday, February 26, 2012

Buttons B'Gone!

Session 5:

While writing the abstract for my group paper on touch screen technologies, I’ve grown to appreciate my iPhone even more.  Its sleek physique and nicely-sized screen were the first two features that caught my eye when I saw it on the Apple website.  Its touch-screen QWERTY keyboard was far cooler than my previous multi-tap phone, allowing my finger to do all the navigating on the phone.  The iPhones quickly flew off the shelves of stores as a long line formed outside of the store days before the launch date.  Everyone else had to wait for months for the arrival of their iPhone in the mail, sadly, I was one of those fools.  It was all worthwhile as this single device has eliminated the need for me to carry around other miscellaneous items.  Gone was the need to carry around a camera, GPS, iPod, PDA, or even a laptop. 

Most recently, I went to work and came lunch time, my team lunch was rescheduled and I realized that I’d left my wallet at home.  Wishing that I had some instant noodles stashed away in my desk drawer as I didn’t want to resort to drinking sodas to hold my hunger over… I had an “Aha!” moment when I remembered that I had a Chipotle app on my phone.  Using my phone, I was able to place and pay for my burrito bowl with a special request of extra lettuce, to be picked up at the closest location.  What do you dread most when you walk into a Chipotle restaurant at lunch time?  The long line that is often wrapped around the store.  I, having placed my order via a Chipotle iPhone app, was allowed to walk past the long line of hungry people and straight to the pick-up window to grab my order.
Another perk of having an iPhone: being able to snap photos of the most random things to show your friends via text.  Check this out :
Which car caught your attention first?

No comments:

Post a Comment