Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blessed

I went grocery shopping at Harris Teeter the last Tuesday in time for their triple coupon event.  I could potentially turn a 99 cent coupon into a whopping savings of $2.97!  Nothing excites me more than getting a good deal, whether it is at the mall or grocery store.  Though it is really easy to get carried away, it’s especially important to only buy what you absolutely need, otherwise you would end up with a house full of junk that you didn’t really need but bought anyways simply because it was on sale and/or you had a coupon.

How amazing is it that we have an entire aisle at the grocery store that is solely devoted to just ice cream and other frozen desserts?  An ENTIRE aisle of different ice cream brands and flavors to choose from!  There are people around the world who will not get enough to eat today, yet here I was, strolling down the ice cream aisle of Harris Teeter debating on whether I would like to watch my DVR recording of Dancing with the Stars while eating Starbucks coffee ice cream on a cake cone or a Haagen Dazs ice cream bar with almonds.  Regardless of how rough my week might have been, I am quite blessed.

1 comment: